Grilled Oyster with Parmesan cheese and garlic butter
Ingredients (serves 2-4)
24 Mere Point Oysters
2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
1/4 c softened butter
4 Tbs fresh Parmesan cheese
Fresh cracked pepper
Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Mix garlic, parsley and butter together
- Shuck all of your oysters and arrange them on a tray (we like to use a cookie sheet because it fits about 2 dozen)
- Spoon a dollop of garlic butter onto each oyster
- Top oysters with parmesan cheese and pepper
- Bring your oysters to the hot grill and carefully place them directly onto the grill
- When the butter and oyster liquor (the juice inside the oyster) start to bubble and the cheese looks melted, use tongs to remove them from the grill.
The shells will be extremely hot so be very careful!